Dig deeper with the latest SIMS Claims™ articles, white papers, press releases and case study PDFs.
How to Choose a Digital Claims Solution
Publication: Insurance Networking News
The large majority of insurers - nearly two-out-three - are now investing in digital technology, according to market reseacher Strategy Meets Action. And with 85 percent of carriers focused on creating a better customer experience, the core function at the forefront of this new wave is technology investment is claims.
Read what industry experts recommend and the guidelines they provide to help your organization invest in new a claims solution.
Industry Spotlight – 20 Questions with Jose Tribuzio, Founder and CEO, Systema Software
Read Jose Tribuzio’s recent interview with Claimwire. Learn out about his transition from Argentina to the U.S.; what he’d do if he weren’t at the helm of Systema Software; what other companies and business leaders he admires—and what he feels separates Systema from the competition and the lessons he’s learned over the past 10 years as CEO of the company.
Creating a Digital Customer Experience for Claims
Issue: Insurance Networking News
Publication: September 2016
In response to the digital revolution, insurance organizations must think about creating a superior digital experience for their customers. Today, digital consumers are almost always connected to the Internet, email and social media. They often own several digital devices, including smartphones, tablets, and wearables. They have high expectations that systems will be intuitive and easy to use. When looking for a place to start, claims is the prime opportunity that can yield immediate and significant gains.
Creating a Claims Win/Win
Issue: June 30, 2016
Publication: Insurance Networking News
For forward-thinking insurers, especially those that have embraced digital modernization of their core systems, the claims experience represents a new opportunity to turn a negative into a positive by using top-notch technologies to help facilitate outstanding claims-related customer service.
Envisioning a Digital Transformation for Claims
Issue: May 2016 – Visionary Supplement
Publication: Insurance Networking News
CEO Jose Tribuzio is featured in the “Visionaries” supplement of Insurance Networking News. Read how he’s envisioned a digital transformation for the claims process, providing an advanced platform in SIMS Claims, which is simultaneously powerful in terms of performance, features, and data analysis, and extremely intuitive to use. Also view Jose’s Q&A to get his perspective on the importance of nurturing a culture of innovation.
Modernizing Claims Management
Publication: Risk & Insurance - Email Insights – May 24, 2016
Not placing emphasis on all aspects of adjuster training and development could sacrifice cost more over the long term.
Insurers and claims organization are feeling the push to ditch their legacy systems and renovate their software to better serve a tech-savvy customer base. They must adapt industry-specific tools to adhere to a broad set of common usability principles relevant to how everyone interfaces with technology.
A Wearable Trend For Insurance
Issue: August 2015
Publication: Public Risk
Public risk managers should keep an eye on this exciting, new area of technology, as wearable devices could potentially change the way we investigate accidents, prevent claims and minimize risks in the future. In this article, we take a look at some of the ways this emerging area of technology is being explored for the benefit of insurance programs.
Getting Smarter with Business Intelligence
Issue: May 2015
Publication: WC Magazine
In this article, we consider the impact and implications of today's latest Business Intelligence (BI) tools on risk management. Organizations can now use BI to proactively manage and prevent fraud, litigation, runaway claims, and other losses. Organizations that invest in BI today can leverage immediate savings and look forward to ongoing BI advancements that drive continued WC program improvements.
Issue: March 2015
Publication: Public Risk
In this article, we'll examine the drivers leading organizations to modernize. We'll look at key criteria for a new platform, strategies for successful implementation and configuration, and the benefits that can be reaped by making this transition.
Leveraging Business Intelligence for Improved Claims Results
Issue: Dec/Jan 2015
Publication: Insurance Networking News
Many insurance organizations realize a wealth of information is trapped in their claims systems and operational databases. Today, business intelligence (BI) tools provide the power to mine this data and unlock valuable insights to improve their claims performance. BI represents a host of software applications that can analyze raw data in order to uncover trends, predict outcomes, and drive better business decisions.
Modernizing Your Claims Operation
Website: Insurance Thought Leadership (www.insurancethoughtleadership.com)
The claims operation poses a vital opportunity for insurance organizations to drive efficiency, cost savings and customer satisfaction. A modern claims platform-native to the Internet-is key. However, many insurance organizations still use outdated systems that are sluggish, lack contemporary claims-handling capabilities and cannot easily adapt to the industry's evolving business needs.
In this article, we'll discuss: the drivers that are leading more organizations to modernize; key criteria for a modern platform; strategies for successful implementation; key considerations for configuration; and the importance of user training. Finally, we'll review the benefits that organizations can achieve by leveraging modern infrastructure.
Business Intelligence Strategies to Boost Claims Performance & Results
Issue: August 2014
Publication: Public Risk
Today, BI has the power to optimize the claims operation to achieve greater efficiency, cost effectiveness and consistency. With BI tools, public risk managers can drive better decisions and implement more strategic initiatives. In this article, we review key BI terms, six areas of the claims process that would benefit from BI and discuss important considerations before implementation.
Moving Claims to the Cloud
Issue: April 2013
Today, a cloud-based claims solution can enable public entities to leverage a modern platform and a robust set of claims features and functionality. These solutions are flexible and can be aligned to an organization’s specific claims-handling needs.
When evaluating a potential software provider, public entities should verify that the vendor will perform all system maintenance, upgrades, and support. In this way, organizations always have access to the latest version of the software. Since these solutions are accessed via the Internet, it’s important to ensure the vendor also offers a secure environment. With the right partner, organizations spend little to no time on installation or having to deal with system downtime.
Get Smart! 9 High-Tech Tools for Intelligent Claims Management
Publication: Public Risk Issue: Nov/Dec 2012
For public risk managers, the rising cost of claims is an ongoing concern. Claims payments represent the single greatest expense for insurance programs – with an estimated 70 to 80 percent of premiums allocated toward claim expenditures. The U.S. property and casualty insurance industry pays over $200 billion in claim losses each year and spends nearly $40 billion just to process claims. In this article, we discuss high-tech strategies and tools that can positively impact not only claims costs and outcomes, but also the bottom line of insurance programs.
- How to Choose a Digital Claims Solution
- Improving Claims Efficiency Through a Modern User Interface for Modern Professionals
- Transforming Claims Management with Business Intelligence and Predictive Analytics
- The Digital Divide: Are You a Leader or Laggard in Digital Claims Transformation?
- 11 Advantages of a Best-of-Breed Approach.
- Taming Your Workers' Compensation Compliance Challenges.
- A Modern Platform & Emerging Technologies, with Power BI and Wearables
- Leveraging BI for Improved Claims Performance and Results
- Guidelines for Claims Management System Selection
The Digital Divide: Are you a leader or laggard in core transformation?
Executive Summary: Executive Summary on Digital Divide Webinar
Speakers: Joseph McGurrin, Vice President of IT, Pennsylvania and Indiana Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Companies
Karen Furtado, Partner, Strategy Meets Action
Brian Mack, VP Sales & Marketing, Systema Software
The Digital Divide has traditionally referred to a disparity between those who “have” and those who “have not” in regards to access to advanced technologies. Now, a new divide has emerged, separating those who “have” from those who “have more” – meaning companies are now beginning to pull ahead by employing technological capabilities and core transformations in ways that are smarter and more strategic than others—and ultimately achieving a business advantage.
Today, many insurance companies are connecting this digital viewpoint externally and internally. Externally, the upgrade process must incorporate the digital needs of policyholders to create superior customer experience, while also achieving improved business results for the insurer. We’ll look at the digital transformation that has occurred in other market segments and how these lessons can be applied to insurance. Internally, they’re also updating their core operations, moving from legacy systems to more modern environments. We’ll review key milestones along this transformation journey.
After outlining these considerations, Senior Vice President of IT Joe McGurrin will walk us through the specific approach and best practices his company used to transform its core operations, including policy, billing, claims, and business intelligence.
Core Systems: When is a Best-of-Breed Strategy the Right Approach?
Speakers: Larry Fortin, Vice President and CIO, Millers Mutual
Karlyn Carnahan, CPCU, Research Director, Celent
Jose Tribuzio, Founder and CEO, Systema Software
When insurance companies embark on the mission critical journey to update their core legacy systems, many find a best-of-breed approach is the right one for them, and ultimately leads to success for their organizations. It’s important to recognize that while a suite may work for many, it might not be right for all. In this session, we’ll define a best-of-breed strategy; discuss when it's the right approach, and how to make it a success. In a case study, we'll outline the reasons one insurer decided a best-of-breed strategy was right for them, and share the "lessons learned" throughout the project. A software expert will also discuss the technology trends—such as easier integration, browser-based applications, and cloud computing—that are giving organizations more reasons to go with a best-of-breed strategy.
1. Define a best-of-breed approach and discuss when it’s the right strategy.
2. Explore recent developments that favor a best-of-breed approach.
3. Hear from an insurance company IT executive about lessons learned and best practices in this approach.
Taming Your Workers’ Compensation Compliance Challenges
Speakers: Brian Mack, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Systema Software
Shayne Garner, Partner & VP Enterprise Solutions, Risk Management Division, Ebix
Rick Krepelka, Chief Operations Officer, Golden State Risk Management Authority
Workers compensation compliance is a huge headache for insurers and claims professionals. The requirements are complex and constantly change. They require time from staff to understand and continually keep pace with updates, and it’s costly to implement systems and processes that achieve and maintain a compliance strategy.
What's at stake are steep fines and penalties for non-compliance. These fees are driving organizations to look for technology to automate a significant portion of compliance.
Legacy Modernization & Claims Transformation: Crucial Criteria for Staying Power
Speakers: Karen Furtado, Partner, Strategy Meets Action
Joseph McGurrin, Vice President of Information Technology, Pennsylvania and Indiana Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Companies
Jose Tribuzio, Founder/CEO, Systema Software
In this webinar, you’ll hear from several experts who focus on modernizing the current claims environment, while positioning for the future. Speakers include Karen Furtado, partner at SMA, who will discuss how to re-envision legacy modernization to achieve the next level of claims transformation; Jose Tribuzio, CEO of Systema Software, who will discuss emerging technologies, including business intelligence and data analytics, and Joseph McGurrin, VP of IT at an insurance company, who will discuss his company’s modernization approach. With this information, you’ll be able to take-away a blueprint for success—as well as lessons learned—and apply them to your own claims transformation project.
Transforming the Claims Process for Improved Results
Speakers: Jose Tribuzio, CEO and President from Systema Software
Eric Eckert, Sr. VP, Head of Delivery from Discoverture Solutions
In this webinar, industry experts from Discoverture Solutions and Systema Software will outline a practical and useful project plan for claims transformation that can achieve these objectives. They will discuss how and why claims automation should be approached as part of a company's overall business strategy, and not merely as a technology problem to be solved, describing how insurers can create a complete, affordable, and quick-to-implement claims solution that streamlines workflows and shares vital information among internal and external stakeholders.
- The Digital Divide: Are you a leader or laggard in core transformation?
- SIMS Claims Successfully Implemented at Olympus Insurance
- SIMS Claims Successfully Implemented at Seven State Property and Casualty Insurance Guaranty Associations
- SIMS Claims Successfully Implemented at Pennsylvania and Indiana Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Companies
- Insurity Acquires Systema Software
- Two Industry Presentations Identify When a Best-of-Breed Strategy is the Right Approach for Insurance Core Solutions
- Systema Software Selected by City of Anaheim
- Systema Software Selected by Hewitt Coleman
- Systema Software Makes Prestigious San Francisco Business Times' "Fast 100" for the Fourth Time
- Systema Software Makes Inc. 5000 for Fifth Year
- Systema Software Celebrates 10-Year Anniversary in the Claims Software Market
- Systema Software Selected by Merchants Bonding Company
- Panel Identified Critical Factors in Upgrading to a Modern Claims System or RMIS Solution
- Systema Software and ICW Group Successfully Complete Implementation of SIMS Claims
- Systema Software Selected by Baltimore County
- Systema Software Announces New and Completely Redesigned User Interface for SIMS Claims
- Systema Software Incorporates Microsoft Power BI into SIMS Insight
- Systema Software’s SIMS Claims Implemented by Brentwood Services Administrators
- Systema Software's SIMS Claims Selected by Pacific Claims Management as Industry Standard for TPAs
- Systema Software Named to San Francisco Business Times' "Fast 100" for the Third Time
- Systema Software Selected by ALPHA Fund
- Systema Software Selected by Republic Capital Claims Administrators
- Systema Software Makes Inc. 5000 Fourth Year in a Row
- Systema Software Selected by Pennsylvania and Indiana Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Companies
- Systema Software Earns Top Claims System Ranking Second Time in a Row in RMIS Review
- Systema Software Offers Breakthrough Workers' Compensation EDI Compliance Solution Leveraging Ebix Inc.'s On-Demand Service
- Systema Software and Oceanwide Form Strategic Alliance to Offer Joint Claims and Policy Administration Solution
- Systema Software Makes Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies for Third Year in a Row
- Systema Software Selected by State of California
- Systema Software Implements SIMS Claims at PG&E
- Systema Software Selected by ICW Group
- Systema Software Selected by Sheakley
- Systema Software and Risk Sciences Group Form Strategic Alliance to Offer End-to-End Claims and RMIS Solution
- Discoverture Solutions and System Software Form Strategic Alliance
- Systema Software Clients Rave about Product Performance and Overall Customer Satisfaction
- Systema Software Names Danny Smith to Position of Chief Operating Officer
- Systema Software Selected by Millers Mutual Group
- Systema Software Presents Business Intelligence Session at NWCD Conference
- Systema Software Selected by CSAC Excess Insurance Authority
- Systema Software Ranks No. 1,517 on the 2013 Inc. 500|5000 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Systema Software Selected by Brentwood Services Administrators
- Systema Software Forms Strategic Alliance with TCube Solutions to Expand Offering of Implementation Services
- Systema Software’s SIMS Claims Rated Top Claims Administration System in 2013 RMIS Review
- Systema Software Wins RAVE Award in Claims Software Category
- Systema Software Earns High Scores in Novarica’s Average Customer Experience Ranking
- Systema Software Selected by Salt Lake County
- Systema Software Launches SIMS Insight
- Systema Software and Instec Join in Strategic Alliance to Offer Integrated Claims and Policy Administration Solution
- Systema Software Selected by Crosswalk Claims Management
- Systema Software Selected by Dynamic Claim Services
- Systema Software Named to San Francisco Business Times’ “Fast 100” List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Bay Area
- Systema Software Selected by Southern Trust Insurance Company
- Systema Software Debuts at No. 1,467 on the 2012 Inc. 500|5000 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Systema Software Selected by Two California Public Risk Pools
- Systema Software Launches SIMS Mobile
- Systema Software Launches SIMS Cloud
- Systema Software Appoints Brian Mack as Vice President of Sales & Marketing
- Systema Software Selected by Consolidated Benefit Resources
- Systema Software Selected by Saxon Motor & General
- CHSI Technologies and Systema Software Announce Strategic Alliance to Serve the Policy and Risk Pool Administration Market
- Systema Software to Integrate with WorkersCompensation.com
- Systema Software Selected by JT2 Integrated Resources to Achieve Superior Claims and Client Services within the California TPA Market
- Systema Software Selected by Baldwin & Lyons, Inc.